Reading time ( words)
News from the EIPC
- We have moved our office! EIPC Change of Address
- Final Program for the EIPC Winter Conference Salzburg, February 2–3, 2017
News from Germany
- SMT Hybrid Packaging – New Tutorial concept and conference focus released
News from the UK
- Ventec Showcases Innovations in PCB Materials for High-Speed/Low-loss Applications at APEX 2017
- Lead Free Hand Soldering & Desoldering - Online or On Site
- Process Ionic Contamination testing: The world's first and only combined ROSE & PICT Tester
News from WECC Members
- News from the IPC
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 2
Andy Shaughnessy, Design007 Magazine
I recently spoke with PCB Technologies’ Jeff De Serrano, Yaniv Maydar, and Alon Menache about their new venture, InPack. They explain their plans to focus on advanced packaging, miniaturization, and other high-end technology, with much faster time to market, and they offer a view of the global market as well.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
The big news in the industry this week was the new bill introduced to the U.S. Congress in support of the PCB manufacturing industry. The Supporting American Printed Circuit Boards Act of 2022, which was introduced by Reps. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and Blake Moore (R-UT), incentivizes “purchases of domestically produced PCBs as well as industry investments in factories, equipment, workforce training, and research and development.” The bill is a PCB-oriented complement to the semiconductor-oriented CHIPS Act of 2021.
I-Connect007 Editorial Team
There’s been a lot of talk among PCB manufacturers about the need to upskill their workforce. But where do you start—do you set up your own program or send staff to third-party training centers? We asked David Hernandez, IPC vice president of education, to weigh in on this topic, and the criteria that goes into creating IPC training programs. In addition to upskilling strategies, David also delves into the need for our industry to develop a labor pipeline, as well as the challenges we face in hiring, training, and retaining employees in this industry during a tight labor market.