Reading time ( words)
News from China
- Atotech to Exhibit at SEMICON China 2017
News from the UK
- Silicon Chip Industry Awareness Workshop Seminar
- MicroTech 2017 IMAPS-UK Annual Conference
- ICT Evening Seminar West Midlands on Tuesday 14th March 2017
- Solder Ball Elimination - In Wave, Selective & Reflow Soldering
News from the USA
- Viscom Awards Horizon Sales for Outstanding Sales Performance
- Needham's Investment Bulletins
Electronics Industry News
- A Two-dimensional Material Developed by Bayreuth Physicist Prof. Dr. Axel Enders Together with International Partners Could Revolutionize Electronics
- The Rise of the Robot for Electronics Assembly
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 6
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
David Thomas, master IPC trainer at EPTAC, says that the more you understand the work and technology that go into your processes and products, the better you can serve your customers. That includes knowing the basics.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
We have new projects in the U.S. Army space programs, research on gold thickness and solderability, a call for papers throughout 2023 from SMTA, an investment in Korean facilities by ASM, and an adjustment in TTM’s assignation with the U.S. DoD. All together, these five must-reads represent the hurtling trajectory that R&D seems to be following in 2023.
Britta Schafsteller, Mario Rosin, Gustavo Ramos, and Joe McGurran, Atotech
The main task of the final finish is to protect the copper pad from tarnishing or oxidation while simultaneously keeping the surface active for the assembly. Electroless nickel/immersion gold (ENIG) is a widely accepted finish in the market that provides a good solderability and capability for Al-wire bonding. A main function of the gold layer is to prevent the oxidation of the nickel layer.