Reading time ( words)
News from Germany
- Viscom Wins SMT China Vision Award for its Powerful 3D AOI Solution
- Atotech Presents Next Generation Technologies at ECTC 2017
News from the Netherlands
- JTAG Targets Functional Testers
- Contamination, Cleaning and Coating Conference, May 22-24, 2017
News from Norway
- Printed Circuit Broker Elmatica Expands Further
News from the UK
- Global Material Shortage Update
Electronic Industry News
- Worldwide sales of semiconductors grew
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 15
Jan Pedersen, ELMATICA
IPC’s Automotive Addendum task group was started in November 2014 and the first edition of IPC 6012-DA was released in April 2016. We are now working on the revised version, and expect a release in Q2 2018. As standards need to evolve, develop and follow the needs of the industry, this work is continuous.
Steve Williams, The Right Approach Consulting LLC
This year’s show was one of the best in recent history, both in attendance and enthusiasm. The exhibit floor was sold out, and every single person I talked to was extremely optimistic about business in 2018. What follows are a series of observations and excerpts from conversations I had with some of the most interesting people I met.
Dan Feinberg, FeinLine Associates, Inc.
The Order of the PCB Dinosaurs (originally called the PWB Dinosaurs—the sign of a true dino) was born because of a comment almost 20 years ago by my good friend Bernie Kessler. Back in the day, when suppliers like us became IPC members, we could only be associate members; unlike fabricators, we could not serve on the board and we could not lead key committees.