Reading time ( words)
News from the EIPC
- 2nd EIPC Workshop on PCB Bio MEMs, May 31
- EIPC Summer Conference Birmingham, June 1–2
- European PCB Designer Day, FED & EIPC, Brussels, June 21
News from Germany
- SMT Hybrid Packaging 2017 Remains Leading Platform of Electronic Manufacturing
- SCHWEIZER Presents Innovation at PCIM 2017
News from Japan
- Desperately Short of Labor, Mid-sized Japanese Firms Plan to Buy Robots
News from the UK
- Polar News May
News from the USA
- Aegis' FactoryLogix Brings Smart Factory Benefits for Qualitel
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 16
Stephen Las Marias, I-Connect007
At the recent HKPCA and IPC Show 2017 in Shenzhen, China, I was able to interview Les Sainsbury, CEO, and Andrew Kelley, CTO, of XACT PCB, as well as Alex Stepinski, vice president of Whelen Engineering’s PCB Fab Business Unit, to discuss process evolution and technology developments in the PCB manufacturing industry.
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
Venue for the 2018 EIPC Winter Conference was the splendid new Alstom Transport Information Solutions facility in Villeurbanne, in the Lyon metropolitan area of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in eastern France. An extremely popular event—117 delegates represented a total of 20 countries, unprecedented in recent years, and only just fitted into Alstom’s conference suite. Indeed, some were even standing at the back!
Tulip Gu, I-Connect007
The topic of the July issue of PCB007’s China Online Magazine is “Automatic PCB Factories,” focusing on the pressures of cost, delivery time and process, and the irreversible trend toward automated PCB factories. Centering on this theme, we interviewed Andy Zhou, COO of Victory Giant Technology (HuiZhou) Co. Ltd., the first domestic PCB manufacturer who carries out large-scale implementation of intellectualization throughout the factory.