Reading time ( words)
News from Germany
- New Headlamp Dimension: Liquid Crystal HD Technology Enables Fully Adaptive Light Distribution in Real Time
- News from FED
- Smart Systems Integration 2018
- April Marks Further Growth for German PCB Manufacturers
Printed Electronics News
- Radio station Chairman becomes SIR Rex (almost)
- Semiconductor Industry News
- Samsung will Open Manufacturing Plant in the USA
- $6,000 of Electronics in Car by 2022
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 20
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
The sun was shining in Dusseldorf as delegates returned to the conference room for the second day of the EIPC 50th Anniversary Conference. There were very few empty chairs—even those who had enjoyed a late networking session in the hotel bar had taken their seats as Paul Waldner opened the proceedings with Session 5, on a theme of future PCB design, material and processes for the PCB supply chain.
Dr. Christian Klein
In the automotive electronics industry, a huge change in functional and environmental requirements will be visible during the next few years. This is driven by three major trends: connected mobility, automated mobility, and the increasing electrified mobility.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
The automobile industry is becoming a combination of most of the traditional electronics segments: It’s a consumer product with a computer, communications center, and a few medical monitoring-type tendencies (measuring your alertness, heart rate, etc.), all rolled (no pun intended) into one incredible machine that is influencing our industry as none other.