Reading time ( words)
News from Austria
- AT&S Paves the Way for Autonomous Driving and High-speed Communication
News from Germany
- Unimicron will Rebuild the Inner-layer Plant
- Schweizer Electronic AG's Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- Change of Ownership at Hausermann GmbH in Gars am Kamp
News from Switzerland
- Standards: IEC 61191-3:2017
News from the UK
- Eurocircuits Tips & Tricks - Cost-Effective Solder Paste Printing
Electronic Industry News
- BondFilm LDD MSAP – Atotech's Laser Direct Drilling Pretreatment for Advanced MSAP Applications
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 21
After a long-term program of cooperative development, evaluation and qualification, Taiyo America’s solvent-free ink-jet solder mask formulation is working successfully in a technically demanding production environment. Don Monn recounts his experiences from the show floor at productronica 2017.
Andreas Lydersen, ELMATICA
As automation works its way onto the shop floors, it still struggles to replace humans in the supporting roles, such as designers, purchasers, brokers, and back-office staff. Where automation on the shop floor replaces humans in doing repetitive manual tasks, the supporting roles (at least some of them) require intelligence to understand and utilise information.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
I was introduced to liloTree and Chief Scientist Kunal Shah by Joe Fjelstad. It seems this small company (with Intel as part of its pedigree) has developed a novel ENIG process that just may shake up the regular chemistry suppliers. This new process is described as cost-effective and ecofriendly while completely eliminating black pad and brittle solder joints.