Reading time ( words)
News from Austria
- AT&S Paves the Way for Autonomous Driving and High-speed Communication
News from Germany
- Unimicron will Rebuild the Inner-layer Plant
- Schweizer Electronic AG's Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- Change of Ownership at Hausermann GmbH in Gars am Kamp
News from Switzerland
- Standards: IEC 61191-3:2017
News from the UK
- Eurocircuits Tips & Tricks - Cost-Effective Solder Paste Printing
Electronic Industry News
- BondFilm LDD MSAP – Atotech's Laser Direct Drilling Pretreatment for Advanced MSAP Applications
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 21
Andy Shaughnessy, I-Connect007
There was some good news this week, as Republicans and Democrats managed to cooperate long enough to pass the CHIPS Act. Members of the House and Senate don’t usually act until they get worried about being voted out of office, so pardon me if I’m not ready to sing “Happy Days Are Here Again” just yet. But this is still really good news; the politicians are on the record now, and we can hold them accountable.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
In this enlightening conversation with M&A specialist Tom Kastner, Nolan Johnson learns that it’s a buyer’s market—and a seller’s market too. This sets up an interesting dynamic no matter which side you might be on. What trends are in play that have led to this situation and how can you make the most of it? Tom shares valuable insights that will get you thinking and planning your own strategies.
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
With his knowledgeable insight into the business and technology of the printed circuit industry, Dr. Shiuh-Kao Chiang, managing partner at Prismark Partners, has put a global perspective on the challenges of the 2022 PCB market. His presentation at the EIPC Summer Conference in Orebro, Sweden, on June 14 was eagerly awaited by an attentive audience, keen to share his vision. From his comments, it was clear that 2022 will be an interesting year and does not appear particularly friendly for the PCB business.