Reading time ( words)
News from the EIPC
- Extended Deadline: September 10 – Call for Papers for EIPC Winter Conference Lyon, France, February 1–2
News from Austria
- First Quarter of 2017/18: AT&S Starts the Financial Year with Significant Revenue Growth and Improved Earnings
Electronic Industry News
- The "New" High Cost of Doing Business in China
- "Alexa, Understand Me"
- Battery-free Mobile Phone Nears Reality
News from the UK
- Spirit Circuits Open their Factory in Romania – BATM Systems
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 24
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
A return to the historic spa town of Harrogate in Yorkshire, England for the Institute of Circuit Technology Northern Seminar, to enjoy a diverse programme of presentations on safety standards, research in selective metal deposition, and developments in imaging and inspection techniques.
Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
I was introduced to liloTree and Chief Scientist Kunal Shah by Joe Fjelstad. It seems this small company (with Intel as part of its pedigree) has developed a novel ENIG process that just may shake up the regular chemistry suppliers. This new process is described as cost-effective and ecofriendly while completely eliminating black pad and brittle solder joints.
Kiersten Rohde and Jonathan Zinski, I-Connect007
Recently, Anaya Vardya, CEO of American Standard Circuits, invited two of I-Connect007’s newest team members, IT coordinator Jonathan Zinski and Editor Kiersten Rohde, to tour his facility in West Chicago, Illinois. Happy Holden, resident PCB expert, also joined the newbies on their field trip to ASC. In the following articles, Jonathan and Kiersten describe their experience touring ASC. Special thanks to Anaya for hosting the I-Connect007 team.