Reading time ( words)
The deadline for submitting designs for the first annual FloTHERM Delta TJ Award for Excellence in Electronics Thermal Design is just around the corner.
Award entrants must demonstrate an application using the FloTHERM technology (which may include FloTHERM XT, FloTHERM PCB, and FloTHERM IC) to address a design problem. The deadline for entry submission is August 25, 2017.
FloTHERM Delta TJ Award Criteria
A panel of judges will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria:
- Work demonstrates clear application of FloTHERM products to a design problem.
- Work is in the public domain and disseminated to the public within 12 months of the nomination deadline.
- Pragmatic approach taken in the application.
- Work and return on investment (ROI) improvement due to quantifiable use of CFD technology.
- Entrant must have authority and/or permission from their organization to apply.
- Entries must be submitted in full and include all supporting materials: published papers, conference papers, PowerPoint presentations, website content, animations, videos, etc. may be submitted as the entry.
- The deadline is August 25, 2017. To register, click here.
The winners (first place and two runners up) of the inaugural FloTHERM Award will be announced in September and will receive an engraved trophy. The first-place winner will also receive a US$1,000 Amazon gift voucher, and the two runners up will each receive $500 Amazon gift vouchers. If the winners are unable to accept the Amazon gift vouchers, a donation of equal value to a charity of their choice will be made in their name. The award winners will also be mentioned in a press release and featured in Mentor presentations, Engineering Edge Magazine, and other industry publications.
“Our award-winning FloTHERM products have been used by leading companies worldwide to address their electronics cooling challenges,” said Roland Feldhinkel, general manager of the Mentor Mechanical Analysis Division. “This annual award will demonstrate and honor how our customers successfully apply the FloTHERM technology to develop advanced and innovative electronics products.”
The FloTHERM solution has been, for over 30 years, the de facto computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool for electronics cooling, used to predict airflow, temperature, and heat transfer in components, boards, and complete systems, including racks and data centers.
Used by thousands of engineers across the globe, FloTHERM offers tight connectivity with both electronic design automation (EDA) and mechanical design automation (MDA) development process flows.