Reading time ( words)
News from the EIPC
- One week left! Register now for the EIPC 50th Anniversary Conference, June 21–22, 2018.
News form Germany
- 26. FED-Konferenz in Bamberg: Design- und Fertigungsprozesse für smarte Elektronik
- SMT Hybrid Packaging 2018 – Solution-oriented Initiator
Electronics Industry News
- Apple to Make 20% Fewer New Model iPhones this Year
- When Factories Have a Choice Between Robots and People, It’s Best to Start with People
- Conductive Inks: Conformal 3D-shaped Coatings, Game-changing Success?
News from the UK
- ACB Workshop at NPL, June 27, 2018
News from the USA
- New Supervisory Board and Executive Board for Viscom AG
Click here for the International Events Diary 2018
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 13
Barry Matties, I-Connect007
June marks the start of summer, and with that, the EIPC’s annual summer conference. Highlighted by its thought-provoking presentations, social outings and factory tours, the conference continues to be valuable and productive for attendees. This year should prove no different, with EIPC set to celebrate its 50th anniversary. I spoke with EIPC Executive Director Kirsten Smit-Westenberg about what can be expected from the upcoming conference in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Pete Starkey and Patty Goldman, I-Connect007
The EIPC booth was a busy place during productronica, with several members and other organizations headquartered there, resulting in a constant stream of people stopping by to visit, get information and study the upcoming conference agendas. Overseeing the big, and even the little things, was Executive Director Kirsten Smit-Westenberg, who made sure important questions got answered, people stayed hydrated, and EIPC’s magnetic pins found homes on shirt collars.
EIPC Technical Director Michael Weinhold and Editor Pete Starkey discuss the significance of EIPC's new tagline, 'The European Electronics Association'.