Reading time ( words)
Customer Service Training 101, Third Edition: Quick and Easy Techniques that Get Results
Author: Renee Evenson
Price $ 24.95
When you get right down to it, it’s always about people. And, guess what? Customers are people.
As a sales and marketing consultant I have used this handbook many times over the years. I consider it the number one training tool when it comes to customer service. This edition is updated with valuable training exercises on how to deal with social media and online communications, as well as how to provide great service in this new world of self-service.
What I have always liked about these books is that they are designed for both trainers and associates. Ms. Evenson has filled the book with tips on how to train employees most effectively. However, don’t think this book is just for trainers because it works equally well for any self-starters working in customer service who are motivated to learn how to be the best in the business.
Here is an example of what you can expect from this book: a list of questions to ask yourself to evaluate your own retail business when you walk in your customers’ shoes:
- What do your customers see when they first step into your business?
- How easy is it to move about?
- How accessible is your display area?
- Is there a sensible flow pattern?
- Is the lighting sufficient?
- In everything clean including the bathrooms?
These questions represent the kind of exercise that is included throughout the book. Here is what else the book covers:
- Customer service basics
- Effective communications
- Relationship building
- Face-to-face contacts
- Telephone contacts
- Keeping up with the times: Online and social media customer service
- Self-service customer service [this chapter is worth the price of the book!]
- Customer complaints [this one too!]
- Being the best you can be: the total package
Each chapter is a lesson with concluding key points and exercises that are both fun and educational. Since when can you get an entire training course for $25?
No matter what business you are in, whether it be retail or B2B, you’re going to be able to benefit from everything in this book. It is without a doubt the best customer service training book on the market today.