Reading time ( words)
SEMI announced the September 28 deadline for presenters to submit abstracts for the annual SEMI Flexible Hybrid Electronics (FLEX) and MEMS and Sensors Technical Conference (MSTC). The co-located gathering, February 18-21, 2019, in Monterey, California, will feature technical presentations of more than 135 peer-reviewed manuscripts covering leading materials and methods that can enhance an expanding range of markets for microelectronics.
FLEX 2019 sessions will feature demonstrations of flexible hybrid and printed electronics products, equipment, and materials, as well as the unique electronics applications they enable.
MSTC 2019 sessions will address wearables, point of care medical devices, food delivery, and agriculture platforms, remote monitoring systems and other trending applications.
Both events will present opening day keynotes and a panel discussion, networking events, technical sessions on emerging and advanced electronics, tech courses and the annual FLEXI Awards Ceremony. The conference will feature a special student poster session to highlight student projects related to either flexible electronics or MEMS and sensors and will conclude with an awards ceremony.
NextFlex, The Flex Group, Nano Bio Manufacturing Consortium and MEMS & Sensors Industry Group will hold several leadership meetings throughout the week in Monterey.
Selected FLEX and MSTC speakers will present to more than 700 executives, product marketing managers, business development professionals, researchers and engineers from the flexible, hybrid and printed electronics value chain, as well as the MEMS and Sensors industries; 400 companies, universities, R&D labs and government agencies; and, leading industry analysts and media from around the world. Technical abstracts are due September 28, 2018 and can be submitted here for FLEX and here for MSTC. Submissions are free and notifications of acceptance will be issued October 19.
FLEX 2019 will cover the following topics:
1. Application market segments and IOT for:
- AgricultureConsumer Electronics and AgricultureConsumer Electronics: Appliances, Wearables & TextilesSmart Infrastructure: Buildings, Surfaces & LightingSmart ManufacturingSmart MedTech: Health and Wellness & Human Performance MonitoringSmart Transportation: Automotive, Aircraft & Public Transit
2. Flexible electrical components for:
- Advanced PackagingBatteries & Energy SourcesFlexible DisplaysLightingOther Hybrid DevicesSensorsTFTs, Memory & LogicUser Interface
3. Materials for:
- Barrier FilmsConductors, Insulators & SemiconductorsElectronic Fibers & FabricsFunctional InksITO & ITO ReplacementsSubstrates & Substrate Treatments
4. Processes and manufacturing for:
- Equipment & MetrologyFailure & Lifetime ReliabilityHybrid Printing ProcessesIntegrated ManufacturingIntegration of Hybrid DevicesMulti-layer Additive PrintingRoll to Roll & Web ProcessingSystem InterconnectsTesting
5. Standards for:
- Design & Modeling File FormatProcesses & ManufacturingReliability & Qualifications
MSTC 2019 will cover wearables, point-of-care medical devices, food delivery and agriculture platforms and remote monitoring systems such as environmental, weather, energy, industrial IoT and more. The conference will focus on the technical aspects of system-level solutions for these areas incorporating MEMS/sensor and actuators, unique applications and innovative technologies.
The co-location of FLEX and MSTC is organized by SEMI Americas to connect more than 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of flexible electronics and MEMS and sensors.