Reading time ( words)
MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, the world leader in the production of electronic soldering and bonding materials, DuPont Teijin Films, the world’s leading differentiated producer of Mylar and Melinex branded PET and PEN polyester films, and Sheldahl Flexible Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Flex Ltd. that has been delivering reliable, materials, flexible and printed electronics, have entered into a strategic relationship to offer low temperature, PET-based flexible printed circuit assemblies.
This collaboration will enable a complete and holistic solution, starting from world class polyester films, to state-of-the art FPC fabrication and low temperature soldering assembly.
This radical technology has the potential for three key inflection points:
- Transition from traditional polyimide-based (PI) flex circuits to water clear, transparent, state-of-the-art Polyester-based (PET) flex circuits,
- Fabrication of sophisticated circuitry via use of surface mount technology (SMT), and
- Ability to attach heat sensitive components, such as displays, batteries, connectors, etc., using standard in-line SMT assembly techniques.
Key benefits to our Customers include:
- Leading edge products, technical expertise and applications support
- Global supply chain for implementing this technology
- End-to-end solution for creating next generation products
This win-win solution of ultra-low temperature processing, for mutual customers, will enable smart, thin, lightweight electronics of tomorrow.
About MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions
Through the innovation of specialty chemicals and materials under our Alpha, Compugraphics, and MacDermid Enthone brands, we provide solutions that power electronics interconnection. We serve all global regions and every step of device manufacturing within each segment of the electronics supply chain. The experts in our Semiconductor Solutions, Circuitry Solutions, and Assembly Solutions divisions collaborate in design, implementation, and technical service to ensure success for our partner clients. Our solutions enable our customers’ manufacture of extraordinary electronic devices at high productivity and reduced cycle time. Find more at MacDermidAlpha.com
About DuPont Teijin Films
DuPont Teijin Films, a joint venture between DuPont and Teijin Limited, is the world's premier producer of polyester films and related services for the specialty, industrial, packaging and advanced magnetic media, photo systems, electrical and electronics markets. Only DuPont Teijin Films manufactures MYLAR brand and MELINEX brand films. Please visit our website at www.dupontteijinfilms.com