Reading time ( words)
PCB Technologies has been dedicating resources in an All-in-One solution. The idea is to provide comprehensive service, spanning from PCB design, through PCB assembly and full systems integration. To that note, the production process of high end/high reliability electronic systems requires ongoing inspection and up-to-date lab equipment. To achieve this, a solid plan for the entire process is needed along with defining interfaces between steps to optimize risk assessment and root cause analysis.
To support this strategy, PCB Technologies has three operational labs:
- Chemical lab – inspecting wet chemical procedures and materials involved in the production process.
- Metallographic lab – inspecting panel coupons and boards: cross-sections, surfaces, plating, hole fillings and lamination, as well as final product inspection
- HATS (Highly Accelerated Thermal Shock) lab – inspecting PCB coupons for PTH and via reliability.
To further their strategy the company has purchased new state-of-the-art equipment aimed at optimizing and automating chemical inspection procedure, to which they are committed as per IPC standards and customer’s requirements. These three new machines cover around 60% of all inspections. Their evident advantage relies on the utilization of their information systems documenting all the inspections and their results. This allows them to supply customers with vital information when necessary (during audits for example).
- Ionic Contamination inspection machine - reviewing production line preparation prior to the solder mask plating. We can also supply this inspection for PCBA.
- Elongation and peel strength tests machine – performing tests according to IPC standards, aimed at reviewing copper elasticity required in order to comply with alteration occurring in the PCB while using it.
- Titrator– enabling the execution of large scale automated chemical inspections in a speedy manor. One of its main advantages is the level of accuracy.
These additions allow them to conduct inspections throughout the production line and provides the engineering team the ability to set the order and frequency for the inspections for each and every product. Conducting this high number of inspections guarantees online identification of framework deviation, thus preventing accumulated errors that have the potential of bringing production to a halt. PCB Technologies strives to make no compromises when it comes to quality and these upgrades will help them to achieve that goal.
For more information about PCB Technologies, visit them online at pcb-technologies.com.