Reading time ( words)
KLA Corporation announced operating results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2022, which ended on September 30, 2021, and reported GAAP net income attributable to KLA of $1.07 billion and GAAP earnings per diluted share attributable to KLA of $6.96 on revenue of $2.08 billion.
"KLA's track record of consistent execution and sustainable outperformance was evident during the September 2021 quarter, demonstrating the strong momentum in our core markets and the attractive operating leverage inherent in the KLA financial model," commented Rick Wallace, president and chief executive officer of KLA Corporation. "KLA continues to outperform expectations despite significant supply chain challenges by operating with purpose and precision and focusing on creating value for our customers, partners, and shareholders alike. KLA's execution is powered by our global teams continuing to go above and beyond, to meet the challenges and opportunities of the marketplace."
Second Quarter Fiscal 2022 Guidance
The following details our guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2022 ending in December:
- Total revenue between $2,225 million to $2,425 million
- GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 60.2% to 62.3%
- Non-GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 62.0% to 64.0%
- GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA is expected to be in a range of $4.69 to $5.59
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA in a range of $4.95 to $5.85