Reading time ( words)
KLA Corporation announced financial and operating results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2023, which ended on Sept. 30, 2022, and reported GAAP net income attributable to KLA of $1.03 billion and GAAP earnings per diluted share attributable to KLA of $7.20 on revenue of $2.72 billion.
"KLA's September quarter results were at the high-end or above the midpoint of our guidance ranges for revenue, non-GAAP gross margin and GAAP and non-GAAP EPS, exhibiting the consistency we are known for and the unique value KLA delivers to our customers," commented Rick Wallace, president and chief executive officer of KLA Corporation. "Despite signs of weakness across a broad set of electronics end markets and an increasingly challenging macro-economic backdrop, our December quarter outlook for sequential growth underscores the resiliency of our business and the strong demand for our critical products and services."
Second Quarter Fiscal 2023 Guidance
The following details our guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2023 ending in December:
- Total revenues between $2,650 million to $2,950 million
- GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 59.8% to 62.0%
- Non-GAAP gross margin is expected to be in a range of 61.5% to 63.5%
- GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA is expected to be in a range of $5.94 to $7.34
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS attributable to KLA in a range of $6.30 to $7.70