Reading time ( words)
News from Germany
- FED starts IPC online testing
News from the UK
- Brian Haken
- Review Institute of Circuit Technology 41st Annual Symposium
News from the USA
- President and CEO of Isola Group announces retirement
Printed Electronics News
- Enabling manufacturing processes for smart flexible displays
News from WECC members
- New IPC Report Details How PCB Manufacturers Meet Today's Technology Demands
- Submit a paper at IPC EXPO 2016
- The JPCA Show this month in Tokyo showed an increase in the number of visitors as well as the number of exhibitors
Andy Shaughnessy, I-Connect007
This week, we bring you a wide swath of news, columns, and articles from the past week. Altium announced a new cloud platform that connects design stakeholders with users of its Altium 365 environment. Cadence Design Systems has acquired a company that develops computational fluid dynamics technology to help expand its system analysis offerings.
Hu Yang, Zhongtai Securities Research Center
According to the CCL Association, copper foil accounts for the largest proportion of raw materials (traditional CCL uses epoxy resin, glass fiber cloth and copper as raw materials). Copper foil in thin plate accounts for about 30% of the overall cost; in thick plate copper accounts for 50%. In CCL production, using Shengyi Technology and Chaohua Technology as examples, the cost of raw materials accounts for about 88% of the total cost, with labor accounting for about 4%. Other costs such as equipment depreciation account for about 8%.
Al Block, Naji Norder, and Chris Joran, National Instruments
In a global market, it is often difficult to determine the best PCB suppliers for your technology needs, while also achieving the lowest costs for your products. Considering each PCB supplier has their own niche in terms of equipment, process, and performance, uniform test data from the IPC-9151D Process Capability, Quality, and Relative Reliability (PCQR2) Benchmark Test Standard can help find the right source for the board based on its specific technology requirements.