Reading time ( words)
Recently, we sent a questionnaire to a number of printed circuit associations around the world, asking them to tell us a little about their organizations. With the annual HKPCA & IPC show having just ended, this information provided by HKPCA is especially interesting.
I-Connect007: What is HKPCA’s basic mission?
HKPCA: Our mission and objectives are:
1. To promote and protect the rights and interests of the printed circuit industry
2. To represent the industry and present its views to the government and/or other parties
3. To develop and strengthen internal and external communication, with a view to enhancing cooperation and business opportunities, by means of the following:
- Organizing technical/business seminars and recreational functions
- Gathering and distributing relevant information to members
- Establishing links with overseas counterparts, such as CPCA, JPCA, TPCA, IPC, KPCA, IPCA and EIPC
4. To establish and manage funds for charity purposes.
I-Connect007: What are your membership stats— industry segments, job descriptions, regions of the world, total membership, etc.?
HKPCA: HKPCA has more than 470 members coming from Hong Kong, China and overseas enterprises with total production values reaching around $9.4 billion, occupying 16% of the PCB industry in the world. Member categories include PCB manufacturers, PCB equipment suppliers, suppliers of chemicals and raw materials, and other trade and environment protection service companies. The HKPCA member base will be broadened by recruiting more and more qualified members and with all our efforts to promote China PCB industry to a more prosperous future.
Editor’s Note: This article originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of The PCB Magazine.