Reading time ( words)
I-Connect007 recently asked a number of printed circuit associations around the world to tell us about their organizations via a questionnaire. Here are the responses from CPCA Secretary General, Miss Jin Zhang.
I-Connect007: What is CPCA’s basic mission?
CPCA: The basic mission of the CPCA is to:
1. Play a role as a link between government departments and enterprises
2. Carry out industry research
3. Strengthen industry self-regulation
4. Perform good service to the industry and companies by gathering industry statistics; analyzing developments in domestic and international trade; collecting and publishing industry information; publishing newspapers and setting up websites; establishing technical and economic management, marketing and other advisory services; and organizing talent, technology, management, regulatory and other training work
5. Help companies develop new markets
6. Organize new product identification, evaluation research, industry standard setting and quality supervision work
I-Connect007: What are your membership stats— industry segments, job descriptions, regions of the world, total membership, etc.?
CPCA: CPCA member companies are nationwide, though mainly concentrated in the Pearl River Delta, Yangtze River Delta and the inland central regions. These include world-renowned US-funded enterprises including Meadville Electronics, Taiwan-funded companies like Unimicron, and European and Japanese companies. Domestic national brands such as Shennan Circuits and Shantou Chaosheng, and local public companies like Sheng Hong Technology, Zheng Ye, Chao Hua Electronics, WUS, Chukyo Electronics, Jinan Guo Ji, etc., are members of the CPCA. China is the biggest PCB manufacturing base in the world. The CPCA has more than 800 members; we have good relationships with local trade associations and government. We have offices and branches in different cities.
I-Connect007: Does CPCA host any events?
CPCA: We have held the CPCA Show for 24 years now. The exhibition has become an important global show for our printed circuit industry. The CPCA show has clear positioning and distinctive features of a comprehensive exhibition and is held every year in March in Shanghai.
CPCA SHOW 2016 will be held at Shanghai New International Expo Centre March 2016 15– 17. Exhibitions include: printed circuit board manufacturing, equipment, raw materials and chemicals; electronic assembly equipment, raw materials, electronic manufacturing services and contract manufacturing; water treatment technology and equipment; clean room technology and equipment. Well known industry enterprises such as Shennan Circuits, Hingsen Technology, AT&S, ZhanHua Electronics, Unimicron and others have already registered for the exhibition.
Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of The PCB Magazine