Reading time ( words)
News from Belgium
- UcamX + parallel processing = CAM at its best
News from Germany
- Call for Papers 24th FED Conference, September 15–16, 2016, Berlin.
- Smart Systems Integration 2016: Attractive conference program with many highlights
News from the UK
- ICT Evening Seminar and AGM at the Puckrup Hall Hotel, Tewkesbury, March 1, 2016
- Ventec International Group focus on high thermal performance materials for LED Design at Strategies in Light 2016
Printed Electronics News
- First wrist-worn wearable OLCD for display and sensor applications
- Graphene leans on glass to advance electronics.
News from WECC members
- Best Technical Paper at IPC APEX EXPO 2016 Selected
Click here for the International Events Diary 2016
Click here to download the complete Issue 6
Andy Shaughnessy, Design007 Magazine
I recently spoke with PCB Technologies’ Jeff De Serrano, Yaniv Maydar, and Alon Menache about their new venture, InPack. They explain their plans to focus on advanced packaging, miniaturization, and other high-end technology, with much faster time to market, and they offer a view of the global market as well.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
The big news in the industry this week was the new bill introduced to the U.S. Congress in support of the PCB manufacturing industry. The Supporting American Printed Circuit Boards Act of 2022, which was introduced by Reps. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and Blake Moore (R-UT), incentivizes “purchases of domestically produced PCBs as well as industry investments in factories, equipment, workforce training, and research and development.” The bill is a PCB-oriented complement to the semiconductor-oriented CHIPS Act of 2021.
I-Connect007 Editorial Team
There’s been a lot of talk among PCB manufacturers about the need to upskill their workforce. But where do you start—do you set up your own program or send staff to third-party training centers? We asked David Hernandez, IPC vice president of education, to weigh in on this topic, and the criteria that goes into creating IPC training programs. In addition to upskilling strategies, David also delves into the need for our industry to develop a labor pipeline, as well as the challenges we face in hiring, training, and retaining employees in this industry during a tight labor market.