Reading time ( words)
News from EIPC
- EIPC Member's Job Vacancies
News from Germany
- Atotech Presents Study Results of Pd Initiation in ENEPIG at the InterPACK 2017
- FED Conference September 21–22
Electronics Industry News
- Smartphone Growth Expected to Remain Positive as Shipments Forecast to Grow to $1.7B in 2021
News from the UK
- Reliability and Process Trouble Shooting with SMART Group Events
- ICT Evening Seminar, Newtown House Hotel, Hayling Island, September 19
News from the US
- Ventec Highlights Advanced Thermal Management Solutions at Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo
News from WECC Members
Click here for the International Events Diary 2017
Click here to download the complete SpeedNews Issue 27
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
Recently, Eddie Mok, product innovation development AVP at WUS, talked with us at length about the state of the materials market from the perspective of a fabricator. In this excerpt from the conversation, Eddie details some example interactions between what materials, design, and manufacturing bring to the ultimate goal of meeting your design specifications and manufacturing costs. It is clear from this conversation that materials and technology are increasingly interconnected.
Dan Feinberg, Technology Editor, I-Connect007
Much has happened the past two years—politically, technically, and socially—that has greatly changed the path forward from what we had envisioned before the pandemic. Finally, here we are again, on the road between two full, in-person exhibition and technology events, AWE and CES. And what is the metaverse? Meta means transcendence and verse means universe, so we are approaching the capability of entering a virtual universe that is not reality but does exist outside of reality. What does that mean? It’s not just the future of Facebook, although Facebook and other social media sites will play a major role. In my opinion, the metaverse is a combination of the real world that you and those you communicate with occupy, while the XR world is generated by your devices.
Happy Holden, I-Connect007
Mentor conducted its annual User2User Conference virtually this year on November 10. In a departure from past U2U conferences, this event was focused primarily on developing semiconductor advances. Happy Holden reports on all the details.