Reading time ( words)
Questions That Sell: The Powerful Process for Discovering What Your Customer Really Wants
Author: Paul Cherry, 2018 Amacon. Price: $17.95
This is a great book to help salespeople learn how to win over their customers and an even better book for helping companies, particularly their inside salespeople, to create customers for life.
Creating a customer-focused company is all about knowing everything possible about your customers and the best way to find out everything about your customers is to ask them.
Author Paul Cherry, who is president and CEO of one of the country’s foremost sales and leadership training organizations, shows his complete mastery of the art of the question in this book. He focuses not only on the right questions to ask in the appropriate situations but also how to ask those questions, at the right time, in the right place and even with the right pace. He makes us realize that questioning is an art, a craft that must be studied and perfected.
Have you ever been in any of these situations?
1. You’re talking to a prospect and you need to get her talking. How do you do that?
2. You’re in deep trouble with a customer. Your company has really screwed up this time and that customer is really mad. How do you handle that situation with questions that will not only get to the heart of the matter and solve the problem, but also calm the customer down?
3. You need to tell a customer that if they don’t start paying you will have to cut them off. How do you best express these touchy messages?
4. You need to know if you are going to get that big order next month that is so vital to your company. How do you find out now?
5. You know the buyer is stalling you for some reason, but you don’t know why. How do you find out?
Besides demonstrating to the reader how to handle these situations and many more, the author also provides lists of actual questions designed to help you develop your own line of questioning for all these situations and just about every situation you may come up against. This book will not only help you sell, but more importantly, develop a long-lasting and productive relationship with your customers.