Reading time ( words)
Indubond will be featuring new technology for the manufacture of PCBs at productronica 2019 in Munich. The company is set to present a multilayer lamination press: the InduBond X-Press and a compact bonding station: the InduBond X1.
The InduBond X-Press family is a revolutionary concept in multilayer press technology that has been developed utilizing electromagnetic energy to heat the existing stainless-steel separator plates with a never-before conceived accuracy and precision. The heating and cooling systems embedded within a robust hydraulic press inside a vacuum chamber design are controlled using a temperature feedback loop that guarantees perfect fidelity between the press recipe and the press result. This unique, electromagnetic induction technology helps make engineer’s desires become reality. All this while realizing an energy consumption savings in excess of 80% compared to traditional systems.
Features and benefits of the X-Press multilayer press include:
- Saves time and energy
- Maintains +/- 1 degree control over temperature for every multilayer
- Ramp-up temperature rates of up to 20°C/minute and more
- Cool-down temperature rates of between 0.5 and 5°C/minute
- Applies up to 60 bar of pressure and more
- Applies temperatures of up to 450°C and more
- Applies vacuum of less than 10 mbar and less
- Can process between 1 and 50 multilayer panels at once