Reading time ( words)
Arlon is reintroducing 85NT, a nonwoven aramid laminate and prepreg system. Arlon’s 85NT is comprised of high tensile strength, para-aramid fibers with an extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion (-4 ppm/oC). When coated with resin, this combination of aramid substrate and thermoset chemistry produces laminates with unique and useful properties. Proprietary chemistry and process technology enables Arlon to coat polyimide and epoxy based resins on the nonwoven aramid. With a combination of material science and coating technology, Arlon reintroduces to the design and fabrication community 85NT laminate and prepreg product line. Arlon’s “new” 85NT has properties that are nearly identical to Arlon’s original 85NT.
- Low in-plane (X,Y) expansion of 7-9 ppm/°C
- Tg of Pure Polyimide (250oC)
- Excellent dimensional stability and enhanced registration
- Decomposition temperature of 426°C offering outstanding high-temperature life
- PCBs typically 25% lighter in weight than conventional glass-reinforced laminates
- Laser ablatable for high speed formation of microvias as small as 25μm
- Electrical and mechanical properties meeting the requirements of IPC-4101/53
- Compatible with lead-free processing
- RoHS/WEEE compliant
For additional information contact Arlon customer service at our Rancho Cucamonga Manufacturing and Service Center at 909 987-9533, or visit our website at http://www.arlon-med.com.